POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Slooooow Glsaasss =] : Re: Slooooow Glsaasss =] Server Time
16 Aug 2024 10:21:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Slooooow Glsaasss =]
From: Hugo
Date: 21 Feb 2002 07:37:18
Message: <3c74e9fe@news.povray.org>
> who said " My new computer rocks, it's got the clocks, but it was
> already obsolete before i got it out the box"

This will be a problem in many years to come. Computers gets faster, but
programs gets more advanced and the result is still endlessly slow
rendering! Sometimes the result isn't even looking better.

Your non-iso glass looks quite good. Perhaps too thick but maybe it's just
me, who haven't seen this kind of glass before. I like the liquid and the
stick... I never tried something like this myself, but I can imagine it's
tricky.

> The focal blur would have taken days... =]

I don't know really.. I think focal blur aren't slower than good quality
AA.. But in this case, I doubt it'll bring you a better image.. What about
photons instead?  :o)

Regards,
Hugo